Bleexy Protocol provides a fast, efficient and inexpensive way to build a collection of curated rich catalogs - Bleexypedia, record content provenance and secure the rights to sell and distribute user generated content via Bleexy Dynamic Product Experience Marketplace (DPXM). The Bleexy Protocol facilitates product data creation and validation by providing economic incentives to creators and validators. Curation is a critical element to anyone in retail industry, providing product data robustness and relevance.
1. PoQ consensus algorithm
PoQ consensus algorithm is a ranking mechanism for content, content creators and validators and it is used to promote quality content to ensure higher product sale. It calculates trustworthiness scores for content creators, validators and pays according to content scores, ranking and trustworthiness.
This content can be automatically pushed to digital channels and retailers can choose content score ranges to ensure that the content meets the quality standard desired. If Bleexypedia doesn't provide enough content for a UPC, retailer can request the creation of additional content and this request is queued by the PoQ based on content creators trustworthiness.
PoQ consensus algorithm provides an efficient and mathematical sound formulation and basis of the Bleexy’s random graphs of validators; a mathematical algorithm for an efficient and fair selection of content validators; a payment model for B-Guilds and validators.
Bleexy wants to minimize the chance that a coordinated group of validators can take over the validation process and compromise it. The random graph of validators is the underlying technology that helps Bleexy prevent such a takeover.
Validators selection algorithm consists on the following steps:
- The PoQ receives from the server a preselected list of validators based on their preferences for type of products and content.
- The validators in the list are sorted based on their trustworthiness score using an efficient sorting algorithm.
- PoQ selects at random a validator among those with the highest trustworthiness score.
- PoQ selects validators with high scores among those that are in different connected components than the chosen validator.
- If more validators are needed, then the algorithm chooses validators that are not directly connected to the validators already selected.
- Finally, if the number of needed validators is not achieved, the algorithm allows the selection at random from validators directly connected to those already in the list.
Payment for B-Guilds and validators.
Bleexy implemented a mathematical model for the payment to content creators, validators, and to Bleexy. Bleexy collects a percentage from the revenue generated when an item/product is sold. A percentage of the money that Bleexy collects is used to pay the content creators and validators. The payment for these participants depends on the type of content created or reviewed and not the type of product. That is, the payment for a video review created for an Apple laptop is the same with the payment for a video review created for a book. There are some common characteristics of the payment functions for content creators and validators and there are some differences too.
Payment to B-Guilds (Content Creators)
The payment to a content creator for her/his work is based on the following criteria:
- A content creator is paid only if the piece of content is accepted into the system following a validation process. If the piece of content is rejected, then the content creator is not paid.
- There is a maximum number of rejections that a content creator can receive out of 20 consecutive submissions. If a content creator has more than the maximum number of rejections out of 20 consecutive submissions that (s)he needs to pay a fee upfront to continue submitting new pieces of content. The larger the number of rejections received (out of 20 consecutive submissions) the larger the fee is. If the content creator refuses to pay, then his/her account is disabled until the fee is received.
- If a content creator has no content accepted in 20 submissions, then his/her account is blocked indefinitely. (S)He can contest the decision and request that the account is reinstated for a fee. There is no guarantee that the account will be restored.
- Bleexy does not pay directly the content creator, it pays the B-Guild of which the content creator is part of. The B-Guild decides how to spread the payments to its content creators.
- There is a maximum amount of money that a content creator can receive for a piece of content based on the content score. This amount of money is determined by Bleexy based on the money it collects from content consumers and this is periodically reviewed. The higher the score is, the higher the maximum amount is.
- There is a list of percentages for each type of content. The percentage for the highest rank type of content is 100%. For example, a video review of five minutes or longer can be ranked the highest and then its percentage is 100%. The other percentages are smaller than 100% and their values depend on the type of content. The list of percentages is determined by Bleexy and it is reviewed periodically.
- There is a maximum amount of time that the content creator is paid for a piece of content (s)he created. This time cut off is reviewed periodically by Bleexy to take into account also the average time products are offered for sale on the Bleexy network. The goal is to pay the content creator only as long as the corresponding product is still available for sale.
- Validators are paid regardless of whether the piece of content under review is accepted into the system or not. Money collected from sellers is used for payment to validators even if the seller can not use a piece of content.
- There is a maximum amount of money a validator can receive for reviewing a piece of content based on the type of content. It takes longer to create a piece of content than to review it and there are multiple validators for a piece of content. This amount is reviewed periodically by Bleexy.
- There is a list of percentages a validator can receive. The percentage depends on how fast the validator returns the validation score for the piece of content under review. These percentages and cutoffs are reviewed periodically by Bleexy.
- There is a maximum amount of time that a validator is paid for a validation process. This amount decreases in time and is reviewed periodically by Bleexy.
Payment to validators
- Decides whether a piece of content is accepted or not and, thus, whether the content creator is paid for the piece of content or not.
- Provides the weighted score following the validation process that is needed to determine payment to B-Guilds and validators
- Provides the formulas for payments to content creators and validators. These formulas will be revised by Bleexy on a continuous basis in order to improve the fairness of these payments for all actors involved.